Wind Turbine Service
The manufacturer of the Raum 1.5kW wind turbine is no longer operational, but it was a beautiful model well suited to this off-grid hybrid wind/solar system.
- Date: August 2012
- Client: Mersey Tobeatic Research Institute
- Project Type: Wind Turbine Maintenance
About this Project
The Mersey Tobeatic Research Institute is one of our favourite repeat clients. In 2012, their facility operated on an off-grid hybrid wind/solar system using a Raum 1.5kW wind turbine. The Raum 1.5kW was made by Raum Energy of Saskatchewan, a company that won an award for innovative technology in 2009.
Although Raum Energy has since disappeared, the Raum 1.5kW was a beautiful unit that we felt was perfectly suited to off-grid applications.
- Regular service is required by any machine with moving parts
Annual maintenance can include:
- Checking and tightening bolts and electrical connections as necessary
- Checking machines for corrosion and the guy wires for proper tension
- Checking for and replace any worn leading edge tape on the turbine blades, if appropriate
- Replacing the turbine blades and/or bearings if needed.