Solar for the Market
A landmark moment for the community of Wolfville with a 19.8kW solar array on the Wolfville Farmers’ Market.
- Date: Sept 2018
- Client: Wolfville Farmers’ Market
- Project Type: Grid-Tied Commercial Solar PV
About this Project
- This description is taken from Bullfrog Power’s announcement of the unveiling of the Wolfville Farmers’ Market’s new 19.8kW grid-tied solar PV array, installed by our SAGE team in September 2018.
- On Wednesday September 26, from 4pm to 7pm, the Wolfville Farmers’ Market will be unveiling its new solar installation, the largest in town, which will help power the Market year-round. The installation is made possible thanks to support from Bullfrog Power, Canada’s leading green energy provider, and the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA), a government organization responsible for creating economic growth in the Atlantic Provinces.
- What started as a feasibility study by Nova Scotia Community College students is now a powerful solar installation that will reduce the facility’s emissions footprint by more than 16 tonnes of CO2 equivalent per year, and save the organization $2700 per year in energy costs for the next 25 years.
- This is a landmark moment for the Wolfville community, demonstrating the potential of renewable energy in communities across the province.
If you’re ready for a site assessment or need our services, please use our request form. We’ll do our best to respond within 2 business days.